CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Forced Surprise Christmas Joy!

For the past couple of days, late in the evening, the UPS man has been making a stop to deliver some Christmas orders. Not sure if anyone has had my same experience, but sometimes Amazon will ship out a box that has a big ole picture of the product on the side. So, Russ and I have been trying to meet Mr. UPS at the door and not let the kids get a glimpse of the boxes.

Well, Landon has about as much self control as an dieter in Krispy Kreme (in case you have never had to diet, that equals 0), and he is so beyond hyped up this holiday season. Soooooo, when the truck is in the neighborhood, Landon knows it and he is at the door screaming, "IT IS THE DELIVERY MAN!!!"

To which, I am in another room yelling, "DO NOT GO TO THE DOOR!"

TO which HE IGNORES!

Then I continue, "I AM SERIOUS LANDON! GET AWAY FROM THE DOOR!!!"

Ignored!

Until I finally yell, "I WILL TAKE BACK EVERYTHING AND YOU WILL NOT HAVE CHRISTMAS! I WILL CALL SANTA! I MEAN IT!" Extreme? Possibly! ;-)

Russ started making fun of me and my extreme "holiday cheer" saying, "YOU WILL HAVE A SURPRISE ON CHRISTMAS MORNING, BUT YOU WILL NOT HAVE JOY UNTIL THEN...OR NO CHRISTMAS FOR YOU!"

Ok, I see that I may be a little too controlling when it comes to forced family fun! I just want them to be surprised, but I guess it does not really matter when they are surprised, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment