CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Don't Shop to Shop...Shop to Buy!

Landon came home from school this week telling me that "Walker" in his class likes "Anna Grace". His ex-girlfriend, "Nancy" now likes Landon. Landon then informed me that he liked another girl. (The next day, he was over her). As you can imagine, I was a little shocked. Landon is in 2nd grade, and I just felt like it was A LOT too early for there to be girlfriend/boyfriend relationships, and EXES. I explained that there are more important things to concentrate on having fun, rather than girlfriends/boyfriends. REMINDER: 2nd Grade


So, I heard this term this week from a friend. We were discussing dating for young people, or anyone for that matter. I really liked the concept and decided that I would discuss future dating with the boys and explain this idea to them. Basically, the idea is, you don't date just to date...you date for potential future life partner. Until they are ready to consider that longterm option, there is no use in wasting time on girls. "Group" outings would be acceptible once the age is appropriate, but one on one... hmmmmm.

My mom reminded me that this is not likely to be the way the boys see things as they get older, but I explained that is what God's grace and mercy are for... and mine and Russ' prayers! All we can do is pray...and believe me, we have already started!

No comments:

Post a Comment