CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Why am I not happy all the time?

The other night after our devotion with the boys, Blake asked, "If I have the Holy Spirit living inside of me, then why am I not happy all of the time?"

Good question, I thought. I certainly know that I have asked myself the same question time and again. I know the answer... but many times, I too struggle with it. God never promised that being a follower of Christ would make our lives without sadness, sorrow, or loneliness. He just promises that in Him we have hope and an eternity with Him apart from all sadness. We should be thankful for the Giver and not for the gifts that we are given. At the end of the day, every good and perfect gift is from above. So, we should rejoice in our Lord, and know that he will give us the peace and happiness that our hearts desire.

I know that is very difficult when we feel pain in our hearts, and loneliness. We (I) tend to have pity parties and turn inward, feeling sorry for myself and asking God why He would let me be so sad. Truthfully, He wants me to "Praise Him when I win, and Praise Him when I lose"...something I continue to work on. I guess Blake gets his sensitive heart honestly. I am just so thankful that he does not let his loneliness befriend negative influences just to keep him from feeling alone. Blake continues to be very intentional in making friends, making sure he truly appreciates the company. It is just my prayer tonight, that God will find favor with Blake and I both, and will send us special friends. However, until then, I will praise my God, and thank Him for this day. If I receive no other blessing today, the day itself was a giftfrom my Savior!

No comments:

Post a Comment