CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Do Circus Performers Make the Best Parents?

As a mother of four boys, I feel as if I am constantly spinning plates to try to keep everyone happy. If one child is cooperative and content then at least one other is not. When that child gets turned around and on the right path, I've lost another along the way. With four completely different personalities, they all seem to be running full speed ahead in four different directions. I have searched through parenting books, sought the help of friends and no one seems to know a solution.

So, as I was looking for schools in Charleston, I came across a school that offers afterschool activities such as unicycling and juggling. Seriously!? Was my first response! Are we trying to raise circus performers now days? Has the economy gotten so bad that the only hope for our children's future is in the circus. If so, how can anyone else afford to go and support our precious circus acting children? Or Maybe... they have the best psychological knowledge of all! Maybe, by teaching the balance and discipline to be a juggler or unicycler (or plate spinner), you are actually teaching our children to be amazing parents.

1 comment:

  1. You are blogging now- yay! Love it! I sure do wish I was still teaching to enjoy that yummy spread you are making for teacher appreciation!

    ReplyDelete