CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 4, 2009

The Move

So, we are a few short weeks away from our move to Charleston, SC. The move is certainly bitter-sweet for our family. Since being married (April 1998) we have lived in Texas, Louisiana, and South Florida. However, the longest time span has been South Florida for the past 7 years! It is very difficult to leave the familiarity of our lives here and move to the unknown. When we did that in the past, we had less at stake... first it was just Russ and I, then just us and the one child who was a baby and did not know any better. When we got to South Florida, we had a 2 year old and a 5 month old. Now we are dealing with school age children and saying goodbye. We have to think about our children, not just ourselves. I am obsessed with finding the BEST school in our new area, while trying to sell our home in a not so great housing market. In the end, the Lord is my Shephard and I KNOW that we will be taken care of both physically and emotionally, but wow, the devil can really get inside my brain somedays and cause me to worry!

We are excited about living closer to family. We will be about 3 1/2 hours from Wilmington where my parents are living, and 6-7 hours from Russ' mom and dad in Georgia. For the past 11 years, our closest family has been at least 6 1/2 hours away. Of course, our church becomes our family, which is pivitol! We have made some amazing friends along the way, for which I am forever grateful! I feel as if Emily and I were birthed from the same mother. Everyone constantly asks if we are twins, or at least sisters. (I must say, I feel kind of bad for Emily when they ask that. She is a bit thinner than I am and she must be thinking...REALLY?)

Living in the south again should prove to be interesting. Why does it seem that people are friendlier in the south? Why do I feel like I am friendlier when I am IN the south? HHMMMMM!

So, as it stands, we have four weekends left before we pack up and hit the road. We are trying to do everything we can possibly do before we leave other than think about what could be the last time we ever do some of these things...did you get that? If I think about something being the last time, I cry. If I think about goodbye...I cry. Apparently, I cry ALOT!!! Lately!

1 comment:

  1. Sadly, I got to know more about you personally/spiritually in your testimony post on FB than while we were at church. I guess such things arent as easily discussed with munchkins and coffe right before BFG. I will miss you guys. I suppose , too, I will miss the friendship that could've been. We just didnt get to hang out much for whatever reason. Nevertheless, you guys are a big part of those early memories when Alex and I started at Sheridan Hills. I know you will miss his deafening silence and my incessant chatter :)
    P.S. your white bassinett I cherish because all four boys were in it :). Anyway, you must be like, who is this weirdo?!

    ReplyDelete