CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 4, 2009

Weekend Getaway

I do not know how long it has been since I have had a little time to myself to regroup...all I know is it has been TOO LONG. Finally, this weekend I got away and went to the beach with my bestie Emily. We had a great time doing nothing! Lame-o, you say? Not at all! When you are "needed" 24/7 to do everything, having a couple of days to do nothing is great. Now, we did swim with the dolphins, which was AMAZING, yes it was! It is something that I have always wanted to do, and Russ was thinking that since I am scared of everything, especially swimming in the ocean, that I would never do such a thing. WHATEVER! Did it! Marked it off of my bucket list and would LOVE LOVE LOVE to do it again someday. You know, the someday after I make a gazillion dollars, because apparently, it costs a lot to become a personal dolphin toy. Hee hee.

So, after our "Dolphin Encounter" we stopped and picked up some boiled peanuts, a most delicious southern delicacy and went back to the house to become complete noodles for the next 24 hours. We read pointless magazines coupled with our Christian inspired books, of course, to rejuvinate our minds, our bodies and our sanity. What an amazing time. Supposedly, everyone is referring to it as Emily's and my "last hoorah" before Russ and the boys and I move in 4 weeks, but that thought only brings me to a sobbing mess. So, we won't go there!

All I can say, is every mom needs a little "down time". As a mom, our job never ends. It is everyday, ever hour, every minute... I am surprised I lasted this long without snapping. Thank goodness God kept me composed and I was blessed with this little time to myself. Suggestion: take a break every now and again!

No comments:

Post a Comment