CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Angel Song

I just completed my latest book from www.booksneeze.com called Angel Song. My opinion on the book is a little conflicted. The book was good, yet it left me wanting more. I was very excited to start this book as I thought the idea was very good. Following the death of her sister, a woman starts hearing unexplainable music. Of course, she thinks that she is going crazy from the loss of her last living relative. As she is going through the process of getting her sister’s house ready to sell after her death, her sister’s neighbors surround her and show her love and acceptance like she has never felt, including a little boy with Down Syndrome. He claims that there are angels with her, watching over her and protecting her, and the music she hears is angels. Being a non-Christian, she does not believe that God is real, much less angels. If they were why wouldn’t they protect her, why wouldn’t God protect her sister from dying? After all, her sister WAS a Christian.
She experiences much inner conflict regarding abandonment and feeling she does not deserve to be loved. Her sister’s friends love her unconditionally and in her brokenness, just as Christ loves us…
You can probably guess how the book ends, and I do like that about the book, reading about how someone comes to realize that Christ does love us and gave His life for us, there is nothing bad about that, however, I would have liked a little more depth to the characters AND the story. It continues on about her job, and her shutting everyone out, to the last chapter where all of a sudden she believes the angels and God are real and now she can date the neighbor. I think the emotion was lacking for me for some reason that I cannot put my finger on. That is what frustrated me about the book, it was a good premise, but something was just missing for me.
Would I recommend this book to others? Hmmm…. Yes, because it was not a waste of time, and the story idea was good. I love reading about how God reveals Himself in different ways. However, I would probably only give it 3 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment