CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 26, 2010

Vet Slap... coming right at ya~

A couple of weeks ago when the boys and I had taken Bella to the vet, the Dr. Vet-Man said that it would be a good idea to run Bella more. He asked which one of the boys was brave enough to ride their bike around the block holding her leash while she ran beside. Oh, at that moment, both puffed up older boys were certainly brave enough and absolutely looking forward to doing just that! Before they had the "opportunity", Bella had her spaying surgery, so she was unable to do too much for a week or so (at least she was not supposed to).

Russ and Blake were going to mow the yard last night after the heat subsided some, so they headed out around 8 pm (still 900 degrees), and I headed outside with Bella. I thought I would try the bike/block/Bella idea and give her a good run! I started down the driveway holding onto Bella's leash, and my eyeballs must have been as big as saucers due to the fear I was experiencing! That crazy dog was all over the place and therefore SO WAS I! I felt like an out of control weeble wobble. As CRAZY BELLA zig zagged back and forth in front of me, I used the hand breaks to try to keep myself from being launched 40 miles an hour into a tree or mailbox. Landon is screaming out after me, "Mom, do you have your cell phone in case you run Bella over?" Russ is saying to Landon, "Run Bella over, what about Mom? Do you see what is happening to HER?"

We got about 4 houses down, I was still technically on the bike, my legs were flailing alongside of me as I tried to steady myself...or at least that was the idea... the fear had only intensified, when at that moment I thought... What in the world was that vet thinking when he suggested that this was a good idea... TO MY 10 and 8 YEAR OLD BOYS! I wanted to slap that man!

I managed to get Bella to turn around and head back home. As we pulled back up in the driveway I informed Russ that that was NOT going to happen! I will be sure to thank the vet next time I see him!

1 comment:

  1. Again...you need a reality show! I was laughing so hard just picturing you on that bike! :)

    ReplyDelete